DONATE AND MAKE A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE
Delisle Youth Services receives funding from the Ontario Government, the City of Toronto, Health Canada and the United Way. However, the demands for our services exceed the funding available. Therefore, we rely on the support of corporations, foundations and individuals to deliver important programs in our community.
Please keep in mind that our youth are your youth; they may be children of your neighbours, friends, employees and customers. They are also your future.
A donation to Delisle Youth Services is an investment in the health of our community and the future of the children and youth we support.
How can you support Delisle Youth Services as an individual or a corporation?
There are many ways for you to help Delisle - it's easy.
- Donations of money: Delisle Youth Services welcomes money donations and provides receipts for charitable donations of $20 or more.
- Financial support to a particular program or project at Delisle
- Financial support to our Care for the Caregiver Fund or our emergency fund for a temporary help with a family’s daily necessities
- Promote Matching Gifts at your place of business or membership club
- Host your own third party fundraising event for Delisle Youth Services
- Sponsor an event at Delisle Youth Services
- Donate small items such as art supplies, food for art-event openings and prizes for outstanding artists
- Donate tickets for sports events, plays and concerts.
- Donate silent-auction items for our annual events
- Donate games and gift cards for our Studio, the Drop-In Centre, the Day Treatment Programs, and our Group Home
- Become a volunteer or send a team of volunteers to help with maintenance, painting, decorating, garden work or clean up at one of our group homes
To donate and/or volunteer click on the Donate Online Button, or call our Development Office at (416) 482-0081, or mail us a cheque.
VOLUNTEER - BE A VITAL RESOURCE
A few hours of your time makes all the difference. Donate your expertise and join our Fundraising, Finance, or Program and Planning Committees. Provide a workshop or teach a skill to youth in our Studio. Or share your expertise in organizational development, computer training, media or corporate relations, if you have a skill to offer -- we can probably use it.
Delisle is led by a volunteer board of directors committed to serving children and youth. If you share this commitment, and are able to devote a minimum of two evenings per month to strengthening Delisle's work, contact us to learn more about the requirements to become a board member.
HELP US MAKE A DIFFERENCE
A word about James' Journey from Delisle Youth Services' Director of Fund Development, JoAnne Korten:
It sure was cold Saturday morning as we all gathered at Wanless Park for James' Journey.
For me, the visual experience was amazing to watch as the hundreds of family, friends and neighbours began to arrive from all corners of the park. As each friend of James' joined others, the park grew warmer and the chatter grew louder with the sharing of heart-felt stories about James Muir and his family.
The respect, the love and the 'missing of James' was evident.
It has been a gift and a privilege for all of us at Delisle to be invited by the Muir family and included in this remarkable and intimate journey. We are humbled by their strength, their generosity, their spirit of life and wanting to help others through their loss. It is a testament to the kind and giving hearts of Mary, Kit and Jen Muir.
The Muir family have done a remarkable thing for the In-School and Counselling Programs at Delisle by planting the seed for this annual experience, James' Journey. They asked their family, friends and the community to make a donation to Delisle Youth Services in James' honour. Many of you did that and we thank the Muir family and everyone who supported this remarkable family and remembered James through making a donation or joining us at James' Journey this past weekend.
James' Journey raised more than an astounding $20,500 for the In-School and Counselling Programs at Delisle. Please feel great about helping us to help the hundreds of youth who turn to Delisle each year. Your support will make a difference in in the lives we touch.
Please Save the Date for James' Journey next year on Saturday April 19, 2014. Mary, Kit and Jen will be in touch.
If you have any questions or would like more information about Delisle please feel free to contact me at any time. I welcome your call and would be pleased to share more with you about the work we do at Delisle and the children, youth and families we help.
All the best,
Director of Development
Delisle Youth Services
Office: 416-482-0081 x 257